Western Digital’s Passport
- We offer a completely free, no-obligation 24 hour diagnostic!
- Receive a file list, report and fixed-fee quote before proceeding!
- Western Digital Passport data recovery undertaken by expert technicians
Western Digital’s Passport series of drives differ from other forms of external storage media in that they possess an integrated USB connection that is attached directly to the drive’s circuitry. This USB controller is also one of several controllers supporting 256 bit AES encryption
Whilst these controllers decrypt the data stored on the device when it is fully functional, the drive will be unable to do so should one or another part of it fail rendering the data unreadable.
As a result, the following steps are undertaken when performing a diagnostic on a Western Digital Passport drive:
- The SATA interface is converted to allow the sending of vendor commands;
- Encryption keys are located and loaded manually;
- Create copies of the media’s sectors whilst decrypting; and
- A custom plan is developed to ensure the safe extraction of your organisation's data.
Following your completely free diagnostic having been completed, we’ll contact you, tell you which of your organisation's files are recoverable and will also provide you with a fixed-fee, no-obligation quote. Book your free diagnostic today by sending us an email or by calling us on 0800 083 7891
Why choose us
From soldering irons to our state-of-the-art labs – we’ve got it all! Click here to find out more.
Over 140,000 diagnostics completed on hundreds of media and system types. Learn more here.
Our Free Diagnostic Service
24/48 hour free diagnostic followed by a detailed report and no-obligation report. Find out more here.