Self Encrypting Hard Disk Drive
- We offer a completely free, no-obligation 24 hour diagnostic!
- Receive a file list, report and fixed-fee quote before proceeding!
- We’ve developed robust and effective procedures for all encrypted media!
Amidst growing concerns over the security of our data, vendors have responded by producing what have been dubbed self-encrypting drives (SED); devices that are fitted with a controller chip that automatically applies encryption to any data written to the media.
These drives also use two separate encryption keys. One of these is set by the user and the other is installed on the drive’s firmware. As a result, merely extracting the data from the drive and moving it to a new piece of media will be unsuccessful as the data would remain encrypted.
As a result, our technicians will undertake the following when working with your SED drive:
- Analyse the drive and determine the cause of data loss;
- Review the condition of the drives components and determine if any are need of Recover/replacement;
- Use bespoke software to extract the encryption key from the drive’s firmware; and
- Develop a custom plan for the safe retrieval and recover of your organisation's data.
The processes that we have developed have resulted in an extremely high recovery rate with self-encrypting hard drives but, prior to the completion of an initial diagnostic, it is simply not possible to guarantee that your organisation's data can be recovered. You can book your free diagnostic today (and get your free no-obligation, fixed-fee quote) by sending us an email or calling us on 0800 083 7891
Why choose us
From soldering irons to our state-of-the-art labs – we’ve got it all! Click here to find out more.
Over 140,000 diagnostics completed on hundreds of media and system types. Learn more here.
Our Free Diagnostic Service
24/48 hour free diagnostic followed by a detailed report and no-obligation report. Find out more here.