- We offer a completely free, no-obligation 24 hour diagnostic!
- Receive a file list, report and fixed-fee quote before proceeding!
- ATA security data recovery performed by experts in security and encryption
It is possible to use an ATA password with all modern hard disk storage devices and, once a password has been set, a user cannot gain access to the data held on a drive without the relevant credentials. This password is also encrypted and can only be decrypted with an algorithm present on the original drive only. As a result, data recovery professionals face a conundrum when asked to recover data from drives utilising this security measure.
Fields' technicians will therefore do the following when undertaking a free diagnostic on an organisation's password protected drives:
- Utilise in-house techniques to bypass the aforementioned algorithm;
- Remove all ATA security from the media; and
- Transfer the data to a stable device from which it can be backed up.
Worried your ATA password will prevent the full recovery of your organisation's data? Book a free diagnostic today and get a no-obligation quote by sending us an email or calling us on 0800 083 7891
Why choose us
From soldering irons to our state-of-the-art labs – we’ve got it all! Click here to find out more.
Over 140,000 diagnostics completed on hundreds of media and system types. Learn more here.
Our Free Diagnostic Service
24/48 hour free diagnostic followed by a detailed report and no-obligation report. Find out more here.